Paulus during his debate on the Sarawak Budget 2026 at the State Legislative Assembly (DUS) sitting on Nov 28, 2025. Photo credit: JAPEN Sarawak

Advertisement

By Dayangku Hidayatul

KUCHING, Nov 28: Batu Danau assemblyman Dato Paulus Palu Gumbang has called for clarification on the current status of the Long Napir Health Project (Type 6) during his debate on the Sarawak Budget 2026 at the Sarawak Legislative Assembly (DUS) sitting today.

He said construction of the clinic began on Octover 3, 2016, and was originally scheduled for completion on January 2, 2018.

Advertisement

“However, the contractor was unable to complete the project within the stipulated period, resulting in the termination of the contractor on June 12 of the same year.

“The project was re-tendered in February 2020, but the tender process was unsuccessful as the bid prices submitted by contractors exceeded the approved ceiling cost of RM7.3 million,” said Paulus.

Since then, he added, no further developments have been heard regarding the project.

Paulus emphasised that the health facility is crucial for the Kelabit and Penan communities living in the Batu Danau area.

He stressed that the community continues to incur high transportation costs when travelling to and from Limbang Hospital for medical treatment. — DayakDaily